The Boghill Centre offers a fabulous, private eco venue in a secluded setting with beds for 40 people. The special Boghill energy offers a spiritual backdrop to all events whether workshops, retreats, training sessions, meetings or conferences. Experience a friendly homely ambiance, delicious home baked vegetarian food and our spacious Octagon Hall or cosy grass roof hall to house your event.
- Free facilitator places
- Unlimited self service refreshments
- Free Interaction with Nature Tour and Trail
- 10% off for advance payment
- Free map and visitors guide
- Free parking and wifi
- Discounted local attractions/activities
- Tranquil and unspoilt surroundings
- Privacy with exclusive use of the complex
- Away from the hustle and bustle
- Affordable fees
- Tailored packages
- Nature based facilities
- Environmentally friendly
- Optional activities
A flexible venue….
- Hire packages to suit your requirements and the size of your group. The venue can be hired by the hour, by the half day, by the weekend, or by the week.
- Groups can have exclusive use of the entire complex and land or hire an individual room
- Packages can be with or without accommodation and meals
- Our large octagonal hall can seat over 100 people and up to 40 people can be accommodated on a residential basis (More visitors can board at the nearby B&B and Guesthouses}
- Small groups are welcome – good rates can be negotiated for off peak weekends and midweek and our small hall offers an ideal space for small group activities
- Prices are competitive and tailored to each individual package
A venue with a difference….
“It is a truely magical place – soothing and inspiring at the level of spirit”
- The hosts are members of the Burren Ecotourism Network and offer an environmentally friendly venue with minimal impact on the earth
- Delicious, primarily organic, two course vegetarian meals are provided featuring produce and products from our own organic garden, orchard and chicken coup
- We are happy to cater for special dietary requirements – vegan, wheat and dairy free, celiac, sugar free, diabetic etc
- The complex includes two reed labyrinths, a contemporary stone circle, a nature trail, a wildlife pond, a large vegetable garden, orchard and poly tunnel and chicken coup.
- Guests can take advantage of our nature based facilities and take part in an Interaction with Nature Tour
There is a sweat lodge frame and fire pit available for use by groups – (max 18 people)
A venue with more…
- Would your group like to start the day with Yoga?
- Do you like to indulge in healing therapies? – Reiki, Aromatherapy massage, Indian Head Massage, Reflexology, Spiritual healing, Emotional Freedom technique
- Evening minibus trips to the local pubs/dances/music sessions can be arranged
- There is plenty of information on local sights and visitor centres and a good range of recommended local tours – walking, cycling or car trips
- Activities can be arranged for groups – Guided walks in the Burren, Bird watching at the Cliffs of Moher, Dancing, Singing, Djembe drumming, Cob building…. …..you name it – we can arrange it!
- We have a mini laundry which guests can use
- Free wireless internet access available
- An extensive range of reading material, eco information, games and jigsaws
An affordable venue!
- The Boghill Centres flexible venue package is competitively priced and very affordable
- Groups can design their own package to suit their budget
- Meals – as well as being delicious are very reasonably priced
- Budget self catering packages can be arranged
- All guests are encouraged to help with clearing and washing their dishes and further savings can be made if groups wish to clean up at the end of their visit, bring their own linen, serve their own breakfast or volunteer in the garden
The Boghill Centre is set in 50 acres of natural bog and wetland offering seclusion and privacy for group activities and a fully nature based experience for all visitors. It has an ancientness and mystery about it that surpasses many other venue settings. The complex includes two rush labyrinths, a contemporary stone circle, a nature trail, a wildlife pond, a large vegetable garden, orchard and poly tunnel and a chicken coup. Guests can take advantage of our nature based facilities and take part in an Interaction with Nature Tour and a Nature Trail.
There is a selection of outdoor areas including fire pits available for use.
Large Octagon Hall
A stunning octagon shaped hall with a special energy and beauty that draws groups back time and again. The south facing glass wall offers a breathtaking view across the bog to a stone circle. Ideal for all sorts of activities, it has excellent acoustics, a wooden floor, a serene atmosphere and plenty of space for the most energetic of activities. Using its curtain screens the hall can be flexibly arranged to suit your requirements.The space has many uses – for such varied activities as yoga, meditation, dancing, Kung Fu, Tai Chi, djembe drumming, music workshops, singing, parties, weddings, concerts, training sessions, meetings, conferences etc.
Guests using the Octagon hall can avail themselves of the kitchen facilities for refreshments.
Step out from the Octagon Hall onto a spacious deck area to enjoy the sun. It is large enough to hold impromptu gatherings if the weather is favourable.
Smaller Octagon Hall
Suitable for a range of activities and designed with small groups in mind, it has south facing picture windows with a fabulous view of the Boghill garden and land.
The Living room
The large living room with its south facing French windows offers a panoramic view of rolling bog and moor land with distant isolated farms. This room is ideal for study, play or simply relaxing in front of the turf stove. The Living room space is large enough to be used for workshop activities and often hosts music sessions.
The south facing patio decking stepping down to a sheltered garden is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the sun, the view and sometimes both at the same time.
The Dining Room
The dining room adjoining the large vegetarian kitchen can cater for up to 30 people. More people can eat in the living room.
Our cuisine, as guests testify, is delicious!
Internationally influenced, it is prepared and served by cooks committed to the respect of good food and individual dietary needs. Much of the ingredients are organically grown from our own garden.
There are 4 en suite twin rooms & 4 single rooms (2 rooms sharing a bathroom) sleeping a total of 12 people.
The Hostel accommodation has 25 beds divided over 5 rooms.
We have mattresses in the big octagon hall that some groups make use of for groups over 38 people.
Camping space is available.