Date: 24th Sep - 26th Sep
A Weekend Retreat for Men Exploring Masculinity and Healing in the Irish Landscape
Join award winning poet- speaker -philosopher and retreat leader Alan Cooke as he takes you on a deep journey in the heart of the Burren Co. Clare to explore the nature of masculinity and healing in the Irish landscape. The weekend will be filled with talks and discussion on the celtic masculine and the medicine of our native land. There will be a guided walk with a renowned poet and farmer from the area, poetry and harp concerts, voice work and oratory power and story telling. Guest speakers include a renowned holistic therapist in the field of men’s well being. Other activities including a large fire building ceremony. Alan has over 13 years experience with the journey of the masculine and his own powerful story of transcending his relationship through coming through suffering using all that is close to the earth in Ireland.
(May be subject to change depending on weather and availability)
- 3 pm – ARRIVAL Registration – and outstanding payment of remainder fee (cash)
Introductory talk by Alan Cooke – Retreat Facilitator
- 7 pm – Dinner
- 8 pm – 10.pm Poetry-Harp Concert
- 8.30 am Breakfast
- 9.30 Labyrinth Meditation – Sonja O’Brien Kundalini Yoga and Meditation facilitator
- 10.30 am – Exploration of the masculine through poetry / voice work seminar
- 1 pm – Lunch
- 2.15 pm – Discussion / Workshop / Journey titled – The Irish Masculine in the landscape and the medicine of healing – Group discussion and investigating the works of John Moriatry, John O Donohue, Robert Bly, Micheal Meade, Dan Cronin , Robert L Moore, discussing Irish mythology and its connection to the masculine and healing , discussing the Irish Landscape and our lineage and our powerful potential as men , warriors, kings and servants to our society
- 4.15 – Tea and Refreshments
- 4.30 Guest Speaker – Internationally renowned speaker and therapist – – on Healing the male and the nurture of nature . Q and A with Alan and Guest Speaker
- 7 pm Dinner
- 9 pm – Big Fire in stone circle – group building Fire Ceremony – continued discussion of themes by the fire.
- Breakfast – 8.30 am
- 9.30 am – Ocean and the elements – water bathing and swimming in Fanore or Caher Valley River
- 11 am – Guest Speaker – Surprise Guest Speaker !
- 12.30 am – Lunch
- 1.30 pm – Walk in the Burren with renowned local Farmer, Poet and community leader
- 4 pm – Final Round up/ Discussion/ Q and A with Group , reaction and future purpose post retreat talk with Alan
- Places are limited so booking is advised as soon as possible
- Participants must be 18 years or older
- Please bring swimming gear and loose fitting clothing
- No alcohol or drugs
- Participants will be asked to turn off their mobile phones at the beginning of the weekend
€345 This includes 2 nights Bed & Breakfast, 2 vegetarian lunches and 2 vegetarian dinners, plus traditional Irish deserts all the workshops and transport to and from the walks.
A deposit of €30 is required on booking.
Payment via bank transfer:
Bank: AIB, Main St, Ennistymon, Co. Clare
Account Number: 11680045
Sort Code: 935158
Please fill in the form below:
For more information: